As any experienced mom will tell you, your diaper bag quickly becomes your new best friend for any big or small adventure with the family. It will represent your freedom and peace of mind away from home. You will need it to save the day on a daily base, whether it is to deal with an unexpected diaper disaster or quickly feed a famished toddler.
To help you get prepared for all possible scenarios, we have put together a practical diaper bag essentials checklist. This should help you cover all the bases to enjoy those relaxed and adventurous moments out as a family.
Diaper bag essentials:
- Diapers (of course!)
- Foldable changing pad
- Wet wipes
- Recyclable plastic bags
- Diaper rash cream
- Spare onesie and set of clothes
- Hand sanitizer
- Nursing cover (check out our Premium Baby on the Move nursing covers here)
- Nursing pads for mom (if you are breastfeeding)
- Formula and bottles (if you are bottle feeding)
- Baby toys
- Burping cloth or muslin (also great for covering boys during changes)
- Summer hat
- Warm hat
- Lightweight blanket
For older kids:
- Snacks (There is no such thing as too many snacks! find our tips and tricks for healthy snacks here. Take all snacks with you in our Yummy Bags: leakproof and foldable.)
- Non-spill water bottle
- Coloring book and pencils
Finally, don’t forget to pack some of your own essentials (like water) and personal items. It will save you carrying a purse 😉
Most of all, don’t forget to pack a good mood and have fun!