Do you sometimes stress in advance about what goodies (and how!) to bring on an outing without spilling? Below I put a few quick recipes that you can take with you without worry in the Baby on the Move Yummy Bags.
Healthy and convenient, for all ages
1. Breakfast on the go
Ingredients: full fat yogurt, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Fill your Yummy Bag with yogurt
- Cut the fruit into pieces your little ones can eat or mash it up
- Place on top of the yogurt. Mix everything together just before eating
2. Delicious sweet vegetable puree
Ingredients: 1 carrot, 1 butternut, 1 potato, possibly a piece of chicken breast or chickpeas
- Wash and peel all vegetables
- Cut everything into small cubes
- Boil or steam everything until soft
- Mash everything with a fork until you get a smooth puree
3. Vegetable rösti finger food
These rösti are super tasty, nutritious and easy to make. You can also freeze them after baking. Recipe and photo Mon Petit Glouton .
Ingredients: 1 or 2 eggs, 3 potatoes, 1 zucchini, optional oatmeal
- Wash the potatoes and zucchini
- Peel the potato
- Finely grate the potato and zucchini
- Squeeze out a little moisture if necessary
- Beat the egg
- Mix the egg with the grated vegetables
- Add a little oatmeal if necessary. The mixture should be moist, but not runny.
- Make round röstis from the mixture
- Heat a little oil or butter in a frying pan and fry the röstis well on both sides
You can heat up all of the goodies in the Yummy Bags in the microwave or au bain-marie. When you get back home, you can just stick them in the dishwasher. If you are looking for more on-the-go snack ideas for kids, check out this blog. Have fun!